Thursday, April 17, 2008

..Radiance...

The other night I fell asleep at my parents house watching a movie because it's nearly impossible for me to watch a whole movie starting after 8pm and stay awake for the whole thing. (Don't know why...) After waking up and leaving quickly so I wouldn't fall asleep again, I started to drive home. Because I had just waken up, it was late at night and the lights of the city were on-I guess my eyes hadn't quite adjusted yet so everything around me seemed to shine bright with this very intricate brilliance. I think the mix of me not being fully awake, the quietness of the night and my eyes focusing on things that they never see during the day, I felt like I was in some kind of wonderland or something.

Just like when you are wearing the same contact prescription for a long time while your vision continues to get worse. When you finally get new contacts, it's like the world turns on. For some reason, everything actually seems more real than before.

All of these things and more have been mulling around in my head the past couple of days. God is this and more. He is the brilliant radiance that makes everything come to life more than ever before.

"Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth." Psalm 50:2

Life with Christ is like life with the right contact prescription.
Life with Christ is like driving at night and all the lights are shining way bright.

I know this is a funny example but lately this has amazed me. The intricate design that shines through creation is blowing me away. Through Christ, new eyes are put on!

0 comments: